Kristersson cancels summer speech after fatal Fagersta school attack

Prime Minister Ulf Kristersson has cancelled his planned summer speech in Nacka after the fatal attack at Brinellskolan in Fagersta.
Listen to this articleNarrated - 9:12
“Because of the serious incident in Fagersta, my full attention will be devoted to work on the incident,” Kristersson told SVT.
Earlier on Friday, Kristersson urged the public to let police and rescue services work without interruption. He said the motive was not yet known and that his thoughts were with everyone affected.
Police said one person was found dead inside the school. Two teenage boys were seriously injured but in stable condition, while a third teenager received care at the scene and was able to return home.
An 18-year-old man was detained. Police said officers fired to stop the attacker, but have not said that their gunfire caused the death.
Police said they had no reason to believe that more attackers were involved and continued interviewing witnesses and examining evidence.


