SATURDAY 22 AUGUST· STOCKHOLM · THE DAY IN 5 STORIES

Dadgostar cancels summer speech after fatal Fagersta school attack

Left Party leader Nooshi Dadgostar poses against a plain grey background in May 2018.
Nooshi Dadgostar in a May 2018 file portrait. Image: Jessica Segerberg / Vänsterpartiet image bank / Wikimedia Commons / CC0

Left Party leader Nooshi Dadgostar has cancelled her planned summer speech and all associated public and press activities in Stockholm after Friday's fatal school attack in Fagersta.

Listen to this articleNarrated - 9:12

SVT reported that the party called off Saturday's entire arrangement so attention would remain on the attack. Dadgostar had been due to speak at 13:30 at a party event on Södermalm, according to the original notice.

Dadgostar said the priority was to respect those affected and leave room for mourning and reflection. In a separate statement, she said her thoughts were with the 17-year-old girl who died, the injured people, students and families.

Prime Minister Ulf Kristersson and opposition leader Magdalena Andersson have also cancelled planned speeches after the attack.

#SwedenNews#NooshiDadgostar#LeftParty#Fagersta#Election2026#News
DailySweden logo

DailySweden

DailySweden's desk of editors, reporters, researchers and investigative journalists. We bring readers factual, truthful and objective reporting on the issues that matter to them.

Contact the editorial desk ›
All stories